Shea Leonard Mendez started “O.W.N. Fitness” independently in 2016 with the hopes of bettering people’s lives through physical activity and health education. Since then, she’s continued her education through NCCPT, NASM, PN1, and NCSF with specializations in Corrective Exercise, Nutrition, and Strength & Conditioning. She also loves reading and learning new things about the human body… especially since it’s all connected and all matters!
She is passionate about what she does and wants the best results for every client. Some trainers are there to stand by and count, or put you through workouts based on what they want, not you. Shea coaches you on proper form, the reasoning behind the exercise, how this movement can carry over into everyday life, and the mental side of fitness. Her dedication to her clients comes from the heart and she truly wants to provide the best chance of a happy, healthy, balanced life!
5 facts about Shea:
- She is married to Adrian and they have two furry children: Jack Barkins the Corgi, and Misty Jones the floopy Jindo mix rescue! (yes, they are featured on this very website and are super cute.)
- Shea loves cooking and baking (pies, cookies, cakes, ect.,) and will most likely talk about this, especially during fall/winter a.k.a. baking season.
- Her father won Mr. America in 1980 (pro bodybuilding,) and her Godfather was The Ultimate Warrior (pro wrestling,) and they are both featured on the gym’s “Wall of Greatness.”
- Her favorite exercise is the deadlift, but all things weight lifting are basically equal on her “favorite” scale.
- She will not let people speak negatively about themselves without seeing the positive alternatives. “Annoyingly optimistic” is how she describes it.
What about Adrian?
Adrian J. Mendez became a certified personal trainer (through NASM) in June 2014. Shortly thereafter he received additional credentials through NASM for Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement, and continues mentorships with high level health practitioners.
Adrian was originally motivated by his O.W.N. experiences, and gained much knowledge through his own injuries, and countless hours helping others with various limitations. Adrian’s comprehensive focus for his clients is quality of life and longevity. It doesn’t really matter if you did it once, it is way cooler if you can keep doing it, or even get better at it, and he’s here to help!
Since becoming a part of O.W.N., he’s worked to educate and coach others about human movement, and how to have balance while maintaining performance, and accomplishing other goals in life. Through his own personal experience with a back surgery, to a recent Achilles rupture, Adrian specializes in people’s return to performance, or improving daily quality of life. His clientele range from collegiate athletes trying to stay on the field, to new parents wanting to keep up with their growing kiddos. Basically, Adrian can help you O.W.N. your sh*t.
5 facts about Adrian:
- Married Shea Leonard Mendez in 2017 and currently co-captain of the Jack and Misty cruise
- Adrian has participated and competed in over 5 different sports
- While in college for Graphic Design, Adrian was a trained Salsa dancer, Hip-Hop performer, and choreographer
- Has coached Middle and High School Football as well as Track & Field throughout the Seattle Metro area
- His top hobbies are art, music, and gaming
Want to know more? ASK! We’d love to share our stories of why we got into this, what we’ve learned along the way, and why we want you to O.W.N. your body, strength, and life!